If you have a small bathroom, then you probably know how challenging it can be to make the space feel bigger and more luxurious. The trick is to make your small bathroom feel larger without spending too much money or adding on lots of extra square footage. A newly small bathroom renovations melbourne is a sight to behold, but not everyone has the funds to invest in such extensive renovations. Here are some of our favorite ideas for making any bathroom look great even if it’s on a budget!
1. Be smart with your tiles
In a small bathroom, the tiles can be your best friend. They’re an affordable and versatile way to add colour and personality to your space. Use them to create a focal point or feature wall, or use them throughout the whole room for extra impact. You can use tiles on your floor, walls or even ceiling!
If you want to make sure you don’t go over budget, look into using ceramic wall tiles instead of glass ones. Ceramic is less slippery than glass so it won’t get damaged as easily by water splashes (and therefore doesn’t need sealing). It’s also easier to clean without damaging its surface – which means no worrying about what cleaners you use on them! Try finding some colourful old-fashioned bathroom accessories at antique shops or thrift stores; they will add character while not breaking bank accounts (or hearts).
2. Refresh don’t replace
You don’t need to throw everything away. Just because you have a small bathroom doesn’t mean you can’t get a new look by changing out some of the smaller pieces.
This is the perfect time to consider replacing your towel bar, toothbrush holder and soap dispenser with something more modern or unique. You could also use this opportunity to replace your shower curtain with one that has a fun print on it that matches your personality, or perhaps even one that was made from old clothes you no longer wear! You could also invest in new toiletries such as hand towels, rugs and candles too if you want to make things feel more personalised than before – just remember not go too crazy!
3. Go With a Compact Tub
You can save a lot of space by going with a compact tub. The most important factor in this decision is to make sure that the shower curtain you choose will be able to cover the entire tub and provide maximum privacy.
Another way to save space is by using windows to make your small bathroom look bigger. Windows can be used as mirrors, so they’re great if you want a more open feeling in your bathroom without having to install mirrors on all four walls.
4. Lighten the Space
If you’re going for a minimalist look, try to lighten the space as much as possible. White is a great color for this purpose because it can make anything feel clean and modern. Here are some ideas:
- Use white tiles in the bathroom and kitchen
- Paint all of the walls in your bathroom and kitchen with white paint
- Use white furniture, such as cabinets and chairs
- Use white accessories like towels or shower curtains
5. Place Planters In Your Small Bathroom
If you have a small bathroom, it can be difficult to find space for everything. Here are some ways that you can use planters to make the most of your space and create a more relaxing environment:
- Use planters in the corner of your bathroom to hide your toilet. This will give the illusion of more room and make your space feel bigger. You can also use this area as an interesting focal point for a design element that defines who you are or what kind of look you’re going for in your small bathroom renovations design ideas on a budget!
- Use planters on either side of the mirror above your sink. These will not only provide storage space but also help keep things neat and organized by placing smaller items within them, such as brushes and combs, so that they don’t get lost among larger ones like shampoo bottles or bar soap containers (which tend towards clutter).
We hope these bathroom renovation ideas have given you some inspiration, and if you’re looking for more bathroom design inspiration we recommend checking out some of our other posts like this one on how to create a relaxing bathroom or this one on creating your dream bathroom.