Senior Software program Engineer – IDE Intelligence
Bloomberg is the global chief in business enterprise and financial data, information and insight. Using the electric power of know-how, we connect the world’s determination makers to precise data on the financial marketplaces – and assist them make more quickly, smarter conclusions.
We are now likely 1 phase even further
We are making a new product or service from scratch to open up up our facts, main products and solutions and visualizations to knowledge researchers, ML scientists, and quantitative modelers. Our buyers can now fetch and interact with Bloomberg facts and products making use of Python, and implement all the resources of the data science ecosystem to their analyses, unlocking unprecedented versatility and customizability.
Exactly where do you occur in?
Our monetary knowledge science platform is constructed on leading of the open up-source Project Jupyter ecosystem. You will be building Jupyter IDE functions to improve our users’ productivity, with an emphasis on enhancing how our people discover APIs, code samples, and other improvement methods.
Who are you?
- You are an skilled entire-stack engineer with an interest in IDE attributes and developer productiveness
- You are in a position to choose significant, ambiguous troubles and change them into concrete execution plans as a result of research, scoping, and shut collaboration with stakeholders
- You have working experience mentoring junior engineers
We are going to have confidence in you to:
- Create Jupyter linting resources and clever code editing capabilities
- Build code discovery and look for capabilities
- Acquire and deploy robust software package necessitating nominal upkeep
You want to have:
- Practical experience supporting production techniques
- An being familiar with that software package should really be saved as basic as doable
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant know-how area
We’d enjoy to see:
- Encounter doing the job with look for systems this kind of as Apache Solr
- Working experience developing complete-stack programs, which include service APIs and database layout
- Expertise contributing to open-supply assignments
- An appreciation for how our data sets underpin the world’s fiscal programs – if you don’t know everything about finance, you are going to choose it up by interacting with a planet-course workforce of current market industry experts.
If this sounds like you, implement!
Bloomberg has funded key initiatives in the Job Jupyter neighborhood, this sort of as JupyterLab, Voilà (a Jupyter dashboarding solution), and a JupyterLab debugger. Your teammates will be ACM Computer software Procedure Award-successful Venture Jupyter associates! See them speaking about their function at:
We not long ago posted a “satisfy the staff” weblog post, test out the link underneath to get to know our SF engineering workplace!
https://www.techatbloomberg.com/website/meet up with-the-teams-sf-engineering/
Bloomberg is an equal chances employer, and we price range at our enterprise. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, coloration, nationwide origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital standing, veteran status, or incapacity position.