* TSX closes up 30.31 factors, or .17%, at 17,623.88
* Information and facts technological know-how shares rise .7%
TORONTO, Dec 24 (Reuters) – Canada’s key stock index rose on Thursday in a shortened investing session forward of the Christmas getaway, with gains led by the technological innovation and utility sectors as a long-awaited Brexit trade offer boosted trader sentiment.
* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX composite index closed up 30.31 points, or .17%, at 17,623.88.
* The data engineering team rose .7%, helped by a 1.7% progress in the shares of Shopify Inc, the stock with the largest industry capitalization on the TSX.
* The most significant share gainers on the index ended up TransAlta Corp and its greater part owned subsidiary TransAlta Renewables Inc, which jumped 4.9% and 6.5% respectively after the enterprise stated it was advertising U.S. and Canadian electric power transmission assets for $439 million to its renewable energy subsidiary.
* The utilities sector finished up .7%, whilst strength was one particular of 3 significant sectors to shut decreased, down .8%.
* U.S. crude oil futures ended up up .4% at $48.30 a barrel.
* Britain clinched a narrow Brexit trade deal with the European Union just seven days in advance of it exits a person of the world’s biggest trading blocs in its most considerable international shift due to the fact the loss of empire.
* Regionally, the worth of Canadian constructing permits rose by 12.9% in November from October, simply beating analyst estimates of a 3.% attain, Statistics Canada details confirmed. (Reporting by Fergal Smith Editing by Richard Chang)