The U.S. Embassy in Zagreb invites alumni of U.S. Authorities-sponsored systems and Croatian citizens who have researched in U.S. substantial faculties or universities to post proposals by February 26, 2021, for tiny-scale tasks addressing one particular or more of the adhering to themes:
- Instructional programs and initiatives that lead to a far more clear business setting and the improvement of Croatia’s financial investment weather
- Initiatives that strengthen ties concerning U.S. and Croatian businesses and businesses to nurture shared economic achievement, including as a result of entrepreneurship
- Instructional and schooling systems on artificial intelligence, gaming, and cybersecurity in the period of 5G engineering and digitalization
- Courses that aid women’s, minorities’ and other underrepresented groups’ political, stability, financial, and civic participation and inclusion
- Packages advancing electricity cooperation and strength stability
- Packages encouraging regional cross-border cooperation and knowledge of the earlier, including Holocaust instruction and legacy challenges
- Programs for instructors and superior school and university college students to acquire innovative instructing approaches, boost academic integrity, and encourage civic engagement.
Eligibility and Policies (Proposals that do not meet up with these needs are ineligible):
- Grants are awarded to alumni of U.S. Government-sponsored applications and Croatian citizens who have studied in U.S. substantial educational facilities or universities
- Grants are awarded to an personal alumnus or alumna. If a group of alumni is coordinating on a project, 1 individual will have to be mentioned as the project chief and is accountable for communicating with the Embassy, reporting on undertaking results, and submitting timely economic reviews
- Resources must be gained by a non-financial gain and non-governmental institution (generally the grantee’s employer or association, which might be an NGO, an academic establishment, or one more corporation registered in Croatia)
- If a proposal is selected, a legitimate Technique for Award Management (SAM.gov) registration will be essential to receive funding and start out project things to do. (You should see beneath for particulars.)
- Just about every alumnus or alumna is only permitted to post a single proposal
- If the Embassy gets many proposals affiliated with the exact institution, the Embassy will evaluate all through the proposal evaluate process the institution’s capacity to deal with numerous grants
- Alumni with energetic grants from the U.S. Embassy are not eligible to implement
- Funding is presented for assignments starting immediately after Could 1, 2021, and no later on than Oct 1, 2021.
Recommendations for Productive Proposals:
- Evidently define how the alumna/us will share their U.S. encounter with a broader audience in Croatia
- Include plan components that enrich the U.S.-Croatia partnership by setting up relationships and networks
- Incorporate a strategy to realize help from the U.S. Embassy in plan resources and marketing
- Present particular, practical options for observe-up routines and amplification to a wider viewers
- Engage U.S. experts almost or in-individual when circumstances enable.
- Grants variety from $10,000 to $25,000
- Grants should be used to fund routines that consider put in Croatia (or in the area, if the task is regional)
- Budgets have to be submitted in U.S. bucks. The committee will not critique initiatives with budgets composed in Croatian Kuna or other currencies
- Budgets need to be submitted in English but supporting documents may possibly be in Croatian
- Charge-sharing is encouraged. Please reveal which prices you are asking the Embassy to cover
- Budgets ought to involve line things obviously damaged down (for example, as an alternative of “$400 for accommodation,” your spending plan need to specify “X nights lodging at $Y for each night time for Z number of U.S. speakers”)
- Embassy grants cannot be applied to fund religious corporations or political action humanitarian or charitable functions trade pursuits fundraising strategies and commercial assignments laboratory study or unique travel exterior of Croatia for consultations or conferences
- The Embassy reserves the appropriate to present partial funding for any challenge
- Grantees are needed to post economic stories and method studies on a common foundation
- The Embassy are not able to reimburse for expenses incurred just before the grant is signed.
Pointers for Spending plan Justification:
- Personnel and fringe rewards: Explain the wages, salaries, and advantages of non permanent or long term personnel who will be doing work directly for the applicant on the system, and the proportion of their time that will be spent on the program. (for instance, instead of “$2000 for income,” your spending budget need to specify “X p.c of undertaking get the job done x quantity of months based on gross wage $Y for every month)
- Journey: Estimate the expenditures of vacation and for each diem for this method, for method workers, consultants or speakers, and members/beneficiaries. If the method requires global travel, include a short statement of justification for that travel.
- Accommodation: Estimate the expenditures of travel based mostly on researched lodging charges. For case in point, in its place of “$400 for accommodation,” your price range should really specify “X nights lodging at $Y for each night time for Z range of U.S. speakers.”
- Machines: Describe any machines necessary for the method, which will very last extra than one year and costs at minimum $5,000 for every unit.
- Materials: Explain all the products and components, like any laptop or computer devices that are necessary for the software. If an product expenses more than $5,000 for every device, then put it in the price range underneath Products. Tools and supplies may perhaps not be specified as a reward, prize, or sub-grant.
- Contractual: Explain products and services that the applicant strategies to receive via a contract with a vendor. Also, explain any sub-awards to non-gain associates that will support have out the program things to do.
- Other direct fees: Explain other prices right affiliated with the plan, which do not match in the other types. For example, shipping costs for supplies and gear or relevant taxes. All “Other” or “Miscellaneous” fees must be itemized and discussed.
- Indirect expenses: These are prices that are not able to be connected immediately to the program activities, this sort of as overhead charges essential to aid maintain the group operating. If your corporation has a Negotiated Oblique Price tag Level (NICRA) and features NICRA expenses in the spending plan, attach a copy of your most recent NICRA. Companies that have by no means had a NICRA might request oblique fees of 10% of the modified full immediate expenses as outlined in 2 CFR 200.68.
- “Cost Sharing” refers to contributions from the business or other entities other than the U.S. Embassy. It also features in-sort contributions these as volunteers’ time and donated venues.
- Enjoyment and refreshments: Refreshment expenditures must be integral to the software and retained to a bare minimum. Leisure costs (amusement, diversion, social things to do, ceremonials, alcoholic drinks, cocktail parties) are not allowable bills.
- Undertaking proposals ought to be written in English
- Other than necessary PDF types, make sure you send out all software files in Microsoft Phrase or Excel
- Demanded paperwork:
If your software is picked, a legitimate System for Award Administration (SAM.gov) registration will be demanded to acquire funding and commence venture routines via this Observe of Funding Prospect. SAM.gov registration is on line and totally free of charge but it can take various weeks to finalize. Therefore we strongly motivate all candidates to begin the SAM.gov registration process promptly. In order to obtain SAM.gov registration, candidates ought to have a distinctive entity identifier (Details Universal Numbering Process, or “DUNS” selection) and a NATO CAGE (NCAGE) code.
Ways TO Use FOR SAM.GOV:
Step 1: Implement for a DUNS range and an NCAGE amount
- DUNS software: If your group does not presently have a DUNS range, you may well attain a person right here
- NCAGE application
Directions for the NCAGE software process accessible in this article
Stage 2: Following receiving the NCAGE amount, sign-up at SAM.gov
- Be sure to be aware that basically getting a SAM.gov username and password does not entire the registration but only lets you to enter the database and register your firm.
- gov registration will have to be renewed on a yearly basis.
- You should pay a visit to https://www.sam.gov for enable with registration. The Embassy can not provide assist relevant to the SAM.gov registration method.
Software Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021, at 12:00 p.m.
- E-mail your total software to [email protected] out.gov. Late submissions will not be thought of
- You need to acquire an auto-reply stating that your e mail has been gained. If you do not get an car-reply in one particular day, please contact us.
- Assessment System: An Embassy committee will review all suitable proposals using the adhering to standards
- High-quality and feasibility: The software notion is effectively made and involves particulars on how application activities will be carried out. The proposal features a affordable implementation timeline
- Organizational potential and report managing previous U.S. Federal government grants, if relevant: The group has experience in its stated subject and the ability to deal with a grant
- Distinct objectives: Objectives and objectives are obviously said and the software strategy is probable to obtain the proposed benefits
- In-depth price range justification: Costs are acceptable in relation to the proposed things to do and anticipated benefits. The budget is sensible, accounting for all essential bills to obtain proposed activities
- Checking and evaluation system: Applicant demonstrates he/she is able to evaluate application good results versus essential indicators and offers milestones to point out progress towards plans outlined in the proposal
- Sustainability: Software routines will keep on to have a beneficial impact soon after the formal end of the method.
Candidates will be notified of benefits by the conclusion of April 2021.
All concerns about the system need to be tackled to [email protected] No inquires will be accepted by cellular phone, social media, or any other process. Contacting the users of the panel and Embassy personnel about the call for proposals might outcome in disqualification.