DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Smart Shopping Cart Market (2020-2025) by Type, Technology, Application, Sales, Geography, Competitive Analysis and the Impact of Covid-19 with Ansoff Analysis” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Smart Shopping Cart Market is estimated to be USD 931.22 Mn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 2,913 Mn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 25.62%.
Key factors, such as growing preference for express retail self-checkout counters along with the growth in IoT and connected devices have led to the progress in the automated billing procedures at various supermarkets.
These factors have contributed to the growth of the global smart shopping cart Market. Moreover, the need to constantly innovate and develop a better way to ensure customer engagement throughout the customer shopping journey has further facilitated the growth of this market.
However, the high cost of the smart cart, malfunctioning due to sensor issues in the carts and limited capabilities in the major deployements is restraining the growth of the market.
- The Global Smart Shopping Cart Market is segmented further based on Type, Technology, Application, Sales, and Geography.
- By Type, the market is classified as an open-source shopping cart, hosted shopping cart, and CMS+ e-commerce plugin. Amongst all, the hosted shopping cart segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Technology, the market is classified as Zigbee, RFIDs, and Bar Codes. Amongst all, the RFID segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Application, the market is classified as supermarkets, Shopping Malls, and others. Amongst the two, the shopping mall is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
- By Sales, the market is classified as direct and distributed. Amongst the two, the direct sales segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Geography, North America is projected to lead the market.
- Kroger, one of the largest retailer has partnered with an Artificial Intelligence (AI) firm Caper for deploying computer vision-enabled shopping car in Cincinnati, US – 29th January 2021
- Amazon is launching a smart grocery cart known as the “dash cart” that uses cameras, sensors to detect and log items further reducing the process involved in the traditional logout process. – 14th July 2020
Some of the companies covered in this report are Oracle, Engage In-Store, SK Telecom, Shanghai Qixin Automation Systems Co. Ltd, Microsoft Corp, V-Mark, Toshiba, Compaq Computer Corp, Media Cart Holdings, Inc., IBM Corp, and Fujitsu Limited, etc.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Key Topics Covered:
1 Report Description
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Growth in IoT and automated billing processes
220.127.116.11 Growing preference for express retail self-checkout counters
18.104.22.168 Growing need for enhancing customer shopping journey
22.214.171.124 Increasing demand for in-store advertising and communications system in cart display devices
126.96.36.199 Limited adoption among retailers due to high cost and malfunctioning
188.8.131.52 Limited capabilities in the majority of deployments
184.108.40.206 Emergence of autonomous retail technology
220.127.116.11 Growing availability of multiple payment options
18.104.22.168 Integration of AI in smart cart
22.214.171.124 Rising participation of start-ups in the development of smart carts
126.96.36.199 Data privacy issues
188.8.131.52 Limited profitability
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Smart Shopping Cart Market, By Type
6.2 Open source Shopping Cart
6.3 Hosted Shopping Cart
6.4 CMS+ E-Commerce Plugin
7 Global Smart Shopping Cart Market, By Technology
7.4 Bar Codes
8 Global Smart Shopping Cart Market, By Application
8.3 Shopping Malls
9 Global Smart Shopping Cart Market, By Sales
10 Global Smart Shopping Cart Market, By Geography
11 Competitive Landscape
11.1 Competitive Quadrant
11.2 Market Share Analysis
11.3 Competitive Scenario
11.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
11.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
11.3.4 Investments & Funding
12 Company Profiles
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Toshiba Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- V-Mark Enterprise Limited
- SK Telecom Co. Ltd.
- Oracle Corp.
- Compaq Computer Corp.
- Media Cart Holdings Inc.
- The Japan Research Institute Ltd.
- Engage In-Store
- Shanghai Qixin Automation Systems Co, Ltd
- IBM Corp
- Caper Inc
- Veeve Inc.
- Tracxpoint, Inc
- Retail AI, inc
- Focal Systems Inc
- Klever Kart Inc
- Smart Cart SA
- Mitsui and Co Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/16v8yy