ANNAPOLIS, MD—On Thursday, July 29, Governor Larry Hogan will convene a cybersecurity summit in Annapolis to spotlight federal, state, and private sector endeavours to guard America’s crucial infrastructure from cyberattacks. The summit will provide to underscore the urgency of making ready for and addressing cybersecurity threats.
“There is no larger threat to the security and stability of Us citizens correct now than the cyber vulnerabilities of the methods that help our day-to-day lives, from our ingesting h2o and our energy supply, to our railroads and air traffic controls,” mentioned Governor Hogan. “As the cyber cash of The us, Maryland is very pleased to host this summit, and we search forward to an open and productive discussion of our coordinated cybersecurity goals and initiatives as we work to shield the American people today.”
The Annapolis Cybersecurity Summit will start out with opening remarks by Governor Hogan, followed by three panels:
- A Federal Standpoint: Placing a National Cybersecurity Agenda
- A Point out Perspective: Setting up a Cybersecurity Ecosystem
- A Private Sector Perspective: Championing Innovation and Collective Protection
Contributors in the Annapolis Cybersecurity Summit will include things like:
- Anne Neuberger, Deputy Countrywide Protection Advisor, Cyber & Emerging Tech at Nationwide Stability Council, The White Property
- Normal Paul M. Nakasone, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command and Director, Countrywide Security Agency/Main, Central Protection Services
- U.S. Representative John Katko, Position Member on the Residence Committee on Homeland Security (virtual)
- Herbert J. Stapleton, Deputy Assistant Director, Cyber Division, Cyber Operations Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Governor Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas (digital)
- Governor John Bel Edwards, Louisiana (digital)
- Admiral Dennis C. Blair (retired), Previous United States Director of Countrywide Intelligence (digital)
- Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, President, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
- General Keith Alexander (retired), Founder, Chairman & Co-CEO, Iron Web
- Dr. Mohan Suntha, President and CEO, University of Maryland Healthcare Program
- Dr. Keith Bowman, Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Information and facts Engineering, UMBC
- Daniel R. Ennis, Govt Director of the University of Maryland Cyber Initiative and CEO of DRE Consulting
- Kevin Perkins, Senior Vice President and Main Safety Officer, Exelon CISO
- Phyllis Schneck, Vice President and Main Information Protection Officer, Northrop Grumman (virtual)
- Tina Williams-Koroma, President and CEO, TCecure CEO (virtual)
- Robert Lee, Chief Govt Officer, Dragos
- Timothy Blute, Director, Middle for Greatest Tactics, Countrywide Governors Affiliation
- Ron Gula, Gula Tech Adventures.
In April, Governor Hogan hosted an Annapolis Infrastructure Summit of more than 25 governors, U.S. senators, and leaders of the U.S. Household Dilemma Solvers Caucus to go over thoughts, initiatives, and proposals for a federal infrastructure and general public investment decision bundle.
The summit will be are living streamed for the public at https://governor.maryland.gov/annapolis-cybersecurity-summit/.
Media fascinated in attending the summit in man or woman should really RSVP to [email protected]