DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market (2020-2025) by Biomaterial, Anatomical Structure, Product Type, Application, Technology, Duration, End-user, Geography, Competitive Analysis and the Impact of Covid-19 with Ansoff Analysis” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market is estimated to be USD 695 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 845.6 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4%.
Key factors, such as increasing prevalence of acute and chronic wounds, growing burn & trauma cases, rising demand for skin grafts, and rising focus on technological advancements have led to a rise in tissue engineered skin substitutes market.
Increase in number of patients suffering from diabetic and vascular ulcers is also driving the need for tissue engineering. Rising awareness regarding various treatment options, ability of tissue engineering to replace conventional auto- and allografts is also fuelling the demand for tissue engineered skin substitutes.
However, the factor such as lack of proper reimbursement policies, high treatment cost and prolonged duration required for treatment is hindering the market growth. Issues with biomaterials used for skin grafts, such as biomaterial-centred infection and poor tissue integration may be challenging for the growth of the market.
The Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market is segmented further based on Biomaterial, Anatomical Structure, Product Type, Application, Technology, Duration, End-user, and Geography.
- By Biomaterial, the market is classified as autologous, allogeneic, xenogeneic and amnion. Amongst the two, the Autologous segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Anatomical Structure, the market is segmented as Cellular and Acellular. Acellular Anatomical Structure is estimated to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
- By Product Type, the market is classified as Natural and Synthetic. Synthetic products are further segmented as biodegradable and Non-biodegradable. Natural segment holds the highest market share.
- By Application, the market is classified as chronic wounds, burns cases, traumatic wounds, diabetic foot ulcers and others. Amongst all, the Chronic Wounds segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Technology, the market is classified as Laser assisted bio-printing, 3D, Robotic Technology, and Others. Amongst them, the 3D Technology is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Duration, the market is classified as Permanent and Semi-permanent. Amongst the two, the Permanent segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By End-user, the market is classified as Hospital and Clinic, Ambulatory Surgical Center, and Others. The Hospital and Clinic segment is estimated to hold the highest market share.
- By Geography, North America dominates the market.
- Acelity enters agreement to transition Systagenix manufacturing facility to Scapa Healthcare – September 2020
- Integra LifeSciences Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire ACell, Inc. – December 2020
Some of the companies covered in this report Smith & Nephew, Molnlycke Health Care, Integra LifeSciences, Regenicin., Organogenesis Inc, MiMedx., LifeNet Health, Kerecis, Medline Industries, BSN medical, ConvaTec Group, Mallinckrodt, Tissue Regenix, etc.
The report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments and growth in market share.
- A complete analysis of the market, including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Key Topics Covered
1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
126.96.36.199 Increasing Prevalence of Acute and Chronic Wounds
188.8.131.52 Rising Demand for Skin Grafts
184.108.40.206 Rising Awareness Regarding Various Treatment Options
220.127.116.11 Increasing Adoption and a Suitable Alternative to Auto-And Allografts
18.104.22.168 Rising Incidences of Accidents, Such as Road Accidents, Burns, and Trauma
22.214.171.124 Lack of Proper Reimbursement Policies
126.96.36.199 High Cost of Treatment and Prolonged Treatment Time
188.8.131.52 Inability of Biologists, Biochemists, and Technical Engineers to Reproduce Skin Appendages
184.108.40.206 Focus of Researchers on Establishing New Construction Technologies in the Arena of Skin Tissue Engineering
220.127.116.11 Difficulty in Producing Complex Skin Substitutes That Can Readily Be Transplanted in Large Quantities
18.104.22.168 Issues With the Biomaterials Used for Skin Grafts
22.214.171.124 Challenges in Finding a Substitute for Split-Thickness Grafts
4.3.1 The 3-D bio textile and bio printing
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Biomaterial
7 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Anatomical Structure
8 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Product Type
9 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Application
9.2 Chronic Wounds
9.3 Burns Cases
9.4 Traumatic Wounds
9.5 Diabetic Foot Ulcers
10 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Technology
10.2 Laser assisted bio-printing
10.4 Robotic Technology
11 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Duration
12 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By End-user
12.2 Hospital and Clinic
12.3 Ambulatory Surgical Centre
13 Global Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market, By Geography
13.2 North America
13.3 South America
13.6 Rest of the World
14 Competitive Landscape
14.1 IGR Competitive Quadrant
14.2 Market Share Analysis
14.3 Competitive Scenario
14.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
14.3.2 Agreement, Collaborations, & Partnerships
14.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
14.3.4 Investments & funding
15 Company Profiles
15.1 Organogenesis, Inc.
15.2 Smith & Nephew
15.3 BSN Medical
15.4 Molnlycke Health Care
15.5 Integra LifeSciences
15.7 Tissue Regenix Ltd.
15.8 Stratatech (A Mallinckrodt Company)
15.11 LifeNet Health
15.13 Medline Industries, Inc.
15.14 ConvaTec Group
15.16 Amarantus Bioscience Holdings
15.17 3M Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bhq19q